Thursday, November 19, 2020

 Thursday, November 19, 2020

Yesterday, there was a large crescent moon setting in the western sky in the evening. Yellow and bruised, and beautiful. Today, tropical heat. Cumulous clouds.

I've crossed the 30,000 word threshold for my 2020 NaNoWriMo novel. It's bad. But it's been a bad year, so that's not a surprise. I love my MC, but he's just not cooperating with showing his awesomeness on the page. My setting is flat. The devastation of the smallpox epidemic of 1856 isn't even pushing through. It's disheartening. 

And I don't have buddy writers. Well, I have one (love her), but I need more!

Will press on. Hoping to have a draft middle-grade novel (knock-on-wood; fingers crossed) at the end of the month.

#NaNoWriMo2020 #WritingLife #WritingCommunity

No comments: