Friday, December 4, 2009

Some Thoughts on Blog Rules and Comment Moderation

I don't have my own written site disclaimer or blog rules, although I have given thought to this on numerous occasions and have developed a fairly clear (at least to me) idea of what I'm willing to tolerate and what I will delete.

Recent comments, though, led Greg (and others?) to offer up some unrequested suggestions on how I should deal with my blog.

I've done some more thinking on all of this, and have decided I'm not changing much of anything. I like this "site disclaimer and comment policy" from Whatever. I also found great stuff in this article about spammers and trolls and things the author has learned about comment moderation. It's pretty clear moderation isn't rocket science.

So basically, comments are allowed without preview (unless added to older posts). I reserve the right to delete comments. I'll try to be "fair" about it. Enough said.

4 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

I don't have comment moderation on my blog, but I don't allow anonymous comments either. People put more thought into what they write when their name is attached to it.

captain said...

There are ways of disagreeing and keeping thing within a reasonable civility without being racist,attacking gender or other non appropriate areas..

Political opinions should still be allowed within reason, your rule on facts, verses rumors is still a fairly good one, although sometimes many of us step over the edge without realizing it.
My self personally, I do not have any problems with the way this blog is handled.
We are all guest on this and other blogs, so we all should try and abide by the rules that are set for each site.
I see that our other friend Ed, has set his blog to invite only. But has not left a way to get an invite, Oh well.Even does not answer his email.(maybe changed, don;t know.

Anonymous said...

I should notify my girlfriend about this.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.