Wednesday, October 17, 2007

150. To JacketFlap Readers & other notes

I received an e-mail today that my blog is now featured on JacketFlap. I signed up for that months ago when I was doing a lot more with the "writing" part of Saipan Writer and less with the Saipan part. With election season and interesting local issues in the forefront here, I've all but forgotten the writer part of my blog duties!

But I just finished reading a mid-grade novel, RICKSHAW GIRL by Mitali Perkins and will be reviewing it in my monthly book review column.

And NEXT MONTH is NANOWRIMO! That's national novel writing month--a crazy time when you crank out a 50,000+ word novel in just 30 days.

This will be my third year participating in NaNoWriMo. Joe Race is planning on joining again this year. We both finished last year, as others fell by the wayside, left eating our dust! If anyone else in Saipan is interested, let me know. Last year, we held weekly write-ins and it worked well.



And just for some humor, thought I'd pass this on. An ordinary pack of Pokemon cards sold for more than $140 on eBay--thanks to some great writing. Read it here: A funny story on why this Mom was selling Pokemon cards on eBay. (Thanks to WryttenWyrd for the news flash!)

No comments: