Tuesday, November 27, 2007

164. Novel Zone--no time to blog!

National Novel Writing Month--November--is no time to blog!

I'm at 47,000 words on my most recent novel, thanks to the blitzkrieg of NaNoWriMo. My back aches. My wrists are sore. My eyes feel like dried up bits of pain in my face. And my characters keep going off on tangents instead of getting on with the story so I can wrap things up by 50,000 words.

Looks like I'll still be writing into the 60's. Aargh.

So although there are some rants and drones that have come to my brain at times during the last few days (especially today, with our illustrious congressmen passing a resolution to stifle free speech and invite another haole American to "go back where he came from"), they'll have to wait.

Must novel on!

4 comments:

Robin S. said...

Hi - How is the word count coming along?

Saipan Writer said...

Thanks for asking!

Great! I'm over the 50,000 word finish line. Added a "winner" icon to the blog in celebration.

Still breathing.

Robin S. said...

Well, congrats to you! Hope all is well in your neck of the "global woods".

Saipan Writer said...

Thanks, Robin.

Be sure to check out the Cybils, the on-line nomination/vote award for children's books. (See sidebar for link.)