Sunday, June 8, 2008

243. MCS Graduation (8th Grade)

Mount Carmel School held their graduation ceremonies on Saturday, June 7, 2008. Eighth graders, including my daughter, graduated in the morning; high school seniors graduated in the evening.

Here are some photos from the 8th grade graduation, of course featuring my daughter. I'm not sure why we put 8th graders in full graduation regalia (cap and gown), but it was a nice, short ceremony, followed by a lot of jubilation and photo-taking.










Then we went to 360 for a special lunch. Very nice day.




5 comments:

Tamara said...

You have a beautiful daughter! Congratulations on her graduation!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations to Ana (isn't it?) and to her proud Mom.

Saipan Writer said...

Thanks and thanks. Anna heads off to SSHS next year. I'm not sure whether I'm proud or nervous!

Samatakah said...

Congratulations!

High school holds all those other rites of passage: the age at which a person (usually) starts to drive; first love; prom; SAT, ACT, and AP exams for the college bound, or at least here in CA the HS graduation test; applications to college, jobs, and/or the military; HS graduation ceremony.

Saipan Writer said...

Driving somehow doesn't scare me. I think I'll be relieved when dd can drive--less chauffeur duties!

Dating--I'm not ready!

all the college prep-that I look forward to!