Tuesday, June 3, 2008

242. 2008 MHS GRADUATION

I've been to a lot of MHS graduation ceremonies over the decades that I've been here. This year's was one of the nicest. The gym was decorated tastefully, with potted "plants" of flower buds in school colors. The MHS Dolphin was decked out in cap, diploma and plumeria mwar-mwar.

The music was very good, from the national anthem to the farewell song. Most surprising, though, was the space. There were empty chairs (not standing room only), space to walk around, and such a small crowd that I could actually feel the fans blowing cool air! Have that many people left Saipan?


Well, this year there were 213 graduating seniors.






It didn't need a mob of people, though, for a fun, spirited celebration.











I loved that 7 or 8 out of the top 10 students were girls. And as you can see, they came away with most, but not all, of the awards.














But of course, the best part is the award of diplomas.








I was actually there to help celebrate with my niece. Jadine's graduation...


No comments: