Sunday, October 19, 2008

287. First ever YWP NaNoWriMos on Saipan!


I am very happy that this year there is a group of students who will attempt the insane and manic task of writing a novel in 30 days! This November 15 SSHS students tackle the blank page, the morass of ideas free-floating in their brains, the technology and ergonomic hurdles, and challenge themselves to WRITE 50,000 words. They're happy now.

Just wait until December 1, when the month-long journey is over. I predict they'll be even happier!

It's not too late to join. Students at SSHS can contact teacher Jonathan Cabrera. Anyone interested can contact me.

2 comments:

Mary K said...

Hey, I'm on Guam and I'm trying to win NaNoWriMo this year! Do you have any cool writer-friendly places you hang out or recommend in Saipan?

Saipan Writer said...

Hi, Mary K!

I've posted our write-ins on the regional calendar at nanowrimo--ASIA: MICRONESIA region. Sign up and make us your home region!

Mostly I like to write at Coffee Care--bottomless iced tea; great food; friendly waitstaff; big booths; and wireless.

We'll also be writing at other locations--Shirely's in Susupe, Bobby Cadillac's in Garapan, and Java Joe's in Dandan.

Where do you do your writing? What's your username at nanowrimo? how's the writing going so far? (I'm at 6,000 words-thanks to a big lead over the weekend, and a few hundred today.)

Good luck!